Nanite Painting Done! Or is it?


Hey guys!

So today's blog post is exciting for a number of reasons, but let's start with some pretty pictures.

Inked Model


In the Airbrush booth


The effects of Airbrushing...Dolly let me down


Fixed the sprayed area with solid painting


Some more inking


Some scuffing and chips


Some work on the details and added "lights"


Faction icon and doodads added


Another shot, notice the oil stains on the intakes


Icon detail


Doodads


Intake pipes (sorry for the blur)


3/4 Anterior


3/4 Anterior


Dorsal


Ventral


The reason I added doubt to the title was I just submitted this to my client, no word back yet. I hope he likes this version, I know I do. :-D

In other news, I ran into a bit of a calamity today. I received a very nice message over Facebook from one of the art directors at Paizo Publishing, asking if I had received her email. In a panic, I checked my email, but none could be found. I then realized she was using my artist@nicholaskay.com email, which I specifically created for ease of contact from interested clients.

I hurriedly logged into GoDaddy.com and, to my horror, found that I had a full inbox of emails from perspective clients who were trying to reach me. I don't know what went wrong, but for some reason my GoDaddy.com email (artist@nicholaskay.com) wasn't being forwarded to my personal email (Gmail). Fortunately, everyone seemed to be very understanding and were kind enough to accept my profuse apologies.

So, without further ado, some big news! I am now officially creating art for both Fantasy Flight Games and Paizo Publishing. I could not be more excited and am so grateful for the opportunities they have given me.

I'm not sure when I will be able to share these commissioned paintings (NDA) and I will not be creating accompanying videos. However, I will be trying to create some simple tutorial videos on using Photoshop as I have received numerous requests on YouTube.

Thanks for reading!

Nick

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! How exciting for you, I'm really happy for you man! I felt excited myself haha, finally mabye this is the step you've been waiting for!


    The Nanite looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! I have been working my hardest to get to this point so far, hopefully I can keep improving!

      Delete
  2. Wow, fantastic! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting picked up by Fantasy Flight and Paizo, I had wondered how long it would be before FF cottoned on to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might write a blog about this- there seems to be a "plateau" where getting work from a studio becomes easy after you hit it but entirely impossible before.

      But anyway, thanks! I'm very excited about it too.

      Delete