Making Nanites


Hey folks,

As some of you might have noticed, I haven't been digitally painting lately. Rather, I've been working with traditional media, namely two-part epoxy sculpt. I mentioned a few weeks back that I was working on sculpting a nanite for Say Design, so now that I have some pictures to show you can take a look!

Wireframe


'Sketching'


Bulking and Detailing



As you all can see, there's been some serious progress, though still a bunch left to go. Tomorrow I'd like to finish the legs and possibly undercarriage, followed by the claws and finally jet intakes later in the week.

On another note, I totally forgot how difficult it is to work with traditional media. My studio is literally covered in a thin layer of epoxy dust from my various rotary tools and sanders and I have to wear a filter mask while using an air filter during each sand/carve session. Definitely not as easy (or forgiving) as the liquify tool!

-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment