Black Templar Helmet Exploration

So I got a bit carried away on this explorative piece and ended up sketching a whole bunch of my favorite helmet variants. I also took the time to do some variations on the basic Mk7 Aquila helmet, which you can see below.

I probably should have been pushing the designs further and further, but it was just too fun to reimagine some of the classic miniature designs in this format.

I also collected a little reference material for the pose I was imagining for the marine, but it's actually strangely difficult to find good quality photos of men 'walking purposefully.' Since space marines are renowned for their altered physiques, however, I think I have a little bit of wiggle room when it comes to anatomy (not to mention the figure will be encased from head to toe in several inches of ceramite power armor).

Anyway, feel free to leave comments, suggestions, critiques, or whatever you might be thinking about! I'd love to hear your thoughts.

-Nick



2 comments:

  1. Heya! Looking good so far, when you first described a black templar the first helmet that popped into mind was Sauron's off lord of the rings! Yours is much more sci-fi.

    Looking forward to the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Holly!

      This should be a fun project, I'm also pretty excited to see how it works out.

      Delete