Black Templar: The Crusade Begins!

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!


As you can hopefully tell, this piece is now done. I think I spent an additional 6 hours on this piece today, making it the most time-consuming painting I have ever done. Luckily, everything seems to have worked out and I am feeling super happy with the way this turned out. I really want to do another 40K themed piece too. Believe it or not, this painting actually got my more excited about 40K lore and art.... I guess I can't get my fill!

I'm going to post all the WIP shots below so you can see a lovely progression from Alpha to Omega. Fret not, however, there will be a follow up video on YouTube soon enough, I just need to sit down and do it.

At a couple points during this painting session, I kind of wanted to walk away and finish tomorrow, but since my deadline for the Directory of Illustration is fast approaching, this really needed to get finished tonight.

Anyway, enough about me! Please take a look at the art below and please, as always, let me know what you think!

Best,

Nick







7 comments:

  1. Perfect! This looks absolutley amazing, the background really fits the character. The little details you have added like the smoking belt and the lantern sparks really makes the picture come alive. Amazing! Faved on DA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said in DA, this is what I consider supreme art.

    ReplyDelete