A Big 'Thank You' and some new Reference Collages

Hi everyone!

So before I go into detail about my new painting, I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to all my subscribers, followers, commenters, 'like'rs, and viewers!

Today was really insane because of the sheer volume of comments, views, and subscriptions I receive on my YouTube Channel, Facebook, Deviant Art, this Blog, and several other social media outlets. Thank you all for being so amazing - I hope I can inspire you all as much as you have inspired me.

Now, back to business!

I'm starting a new Warhammer 40,000 themed piece which, after you see the reference images below, I'm sure you get the gist of.

One again, we enter the world of depravity and lust with a cosmic battle between the forces of Kaela Mensha Khaine and Slaanesh.  In this painting, I will attempt to paint an epic battle between avatars of both gods as one struggles for survival and the other slates its all-consuming hunger for Eldar souls.

I should have some sketches and preliminary work done tomorrow- I'm going to try really hard to knock this out as quickly as possible (without sacrificing quality) so that I can submit it into my Directory of Illustration portfolio (due 5/3/12).

-Nick




7 comments:

  1. Wow this is going to be amazing! Good luck getting it in on time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! I'm going to try my best :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait, sounds like it's going to be an insanely cool picture!
    What made you decide on that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Luke,

      I wanted to do at least one more 40K themed piece and I already did 2 imperial pieces. Since I couldn't decide between doing a xenos race or chaos, I decided to do both! Also, if you are doing both chaos and xenos in the same piece, you've got to go Eldar!

      Delete
    2. Hmmm... I'm going to have to say that's a matter of opinion there, Eldar are awesome, (first 40k models I ever made).
      Personally, I'm a Tau fan. But the Avatar is epic!
      Only wish I understood HOW you manage such amazing artwork!

      Delete
    3. Watch the vids and you'll see ;-)

      Delete
    4. Oh I've tried, a number of times, you lose me with the techno-speak! :)

      Delete